Some early reviews:
- The Beat says that The Art of Charlie Chan is "2016’s first superlative graphic novel"
- Mental Floss lists the books as one of "5 Most Interesting Comics of the Week" and "a tour de force artistic performance"
- The Gazette calls it "easily one of the greatest books of the year... [A] multilayered, beautifully executed work is like no history book you’ve ever seen. It will leave you speechless."
- There are features on the book at Pen America and CBLDF
- Over at NPR, a review says "The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye feels like Singapore between two covers. The pressure-cooker country — tiny and polyglot, globally competitive and politically repressive — seems to have been poured into this dense book"
- On Instagram, The Beguiling says : "With this book, #SonnyLiew establishes himself as a major voice in comics"
- The BookPage calls it "transcendent graphic novel" that reveals "the ability of comics to blur the lines between fact and fiction, and to transport readers between eras and cultures."
An Amazon link to buy the book here :)